Love my brute

Discussion in 'Kawasaki' started by Chris, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator

Anyone else have a brute force? What are some things I should do to keep my 2005 brute in tip top shape !?

Attached Files:

Dan and 2Kings like this.
  2. 2Kings

2Kings Administrator Staff Member

Chris likes this.
  3. Dan

Dan Active Member

I don't have a brute but I've always been a Kawasaki fan for the HP to the buck. That motors finicky with what oil it likes. Find a good synthetic that doesn't puke into your air box under full throttle and stick with it keeping it changed regularly just like anything else. They seem to like to overheat, a few guys I know have switched the coolant to engine ice or water wetter to help out in the summer time. Otherwise just regular maintenance makes them a pretty reliable machine! I know there are some pretty common mods that people do to them for longevity that you could find on the mudinmyblood, kawiecentral, or bruteriders forums.

Chris likes this.
  4. Dknuckles

Dknuckles Member

Differential oil makes sure no water (milky), a-arm bushings, and make sure you check the oil in the engine every time you go out cause like @Dan said they puke oil into the air box. For some reason the pcv is on the back of the motor so when you do a wheelie or steep incline the oil pushes up the vent line. I routed my pcv up under the dash to eliminate that.

Chris likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Administrator

Nice @Dan! Only used kawasaki official oil and wet brake fluid and ordered the engine ice and spark plugs they will be installed soon!
    ice

Dknuckles likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Administrator

I will check the oil before during and after my rides @Dknuckles! Thanks for the explanation!

7. Chris

Chris Administrator

image.jpeg

bp405 and zags like this.
  8. zags

zags Member

bp405 and Chris like this.
  9. bp405

bp405 Administrator Staff Member

@Chris that's how you roll, LARGE? :eek:

2Kings likes this.